About PTA and Membership
The Holly Oak PTA is an organization of volunteers comprised of parents, teachers and citizens who care about our children. The goals of our PTA are to ensure our children get an outstanding education and to provide a safe, caring and nurturing environment.
High five and big THANK-YOU to those who step up to be the 2016-2017 PTA board members. We are looking forward to a great school year!
President - Laila Porter
Vice President - Rick Porter
Secretary - Peggy Galdamez
Treasurer - Candi Robinson
Historian - Marissha Perlas Phillips
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Check Out Some PTA Membership Perks
As a member of California State PTA, you advocate for children, promote parent and family involvement in schools, and improve the lives of all children and families. Here are a few extra perks of membership available exclusively to PTA members like you!
The Holly Oak PTA welcomes you to the 2019/2020 school year!
Your volunteer time, fundraiser support, PTA membership and donation to the PTA make a huge impact on your child’s Holly Oak educational experience. Studies indicate that parents’ involvement in their child’s education greatly affects a student’s academic performance. There is no better way to support your child than to join the PTA! Click here to download Membership Form.
There are several ways to support the PTA:
Become a PTA member
Our goal is 100% parent and teacher participation. Becoming a PTA member does not mean you need to attend monthly meetings, but you are always welcome to. Your membership fee alone enables PTA to provide all school assemblies; every student benefits!
Support our year–round PTA activities
Volunteer a few hours of your time for the following events. These are just some of the events you can look forward to in the upcoming year.
- Harvest Festival Carnival
- Movie Nights
- Dinner with Santa
- Winter and Spring Choirs
- Fall and Spring Book Fairs
Attend PTA Meetings
Monthly PTA meetings are held on campus on the last Monday of every month. We encourage you to come join us and share your ideas, or just be there to stay connected!
Fill out the PTA Membership form (WORD) and join today!
Thank you for supporting your children
and their education at Holly Oak!
You make a difference in your children’s educational experience.